Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

MONDAY MADNESS: NBB (New bits and bobs) from June - review

It's that time of the month again - time to look back at the products I bought in June (*click* for the original post) and have been trying out for the past couple of weeks. I haven't had a chance to use all of them, but if I have an opinion, you'll find it below. As always, it's a long one - but by now you probably don't even need that warning, right? :)


I really like the Aussie Festival Fresh Dry Shampoo - you can read my review and comparison with Batiste dry shampoo *here*. I also tried and loved the Avon Senses Joyful tropics shower gel - the scent (papaya and peach) is a bit sweeter than I normally like, but this one somehow agreed with me. I'm still waiting to try the Artdeco Senses Asian Spa shower gel, as well as both Afrodita goodies. I did however give a go to the Biobaza deodorant and so far, I'm not too impressed. These sunny, hot and humid days are a real make-or-break test for any deodorant though, so I'll hold off on the final verdict. 



The Avon Naturals Face Mist has been a staple in my bag for the past few weeks. I like that it has almost no effect on my face makeup (not that I'm wearing that much in this heat). I also had a good go with the Avon Sun Face Cream - it didn't break me out and it provided a good base for my foundation, so I'm liking it a lot. I'm yet to try the Artdeco face spray and the Bourjois face scrub (typical beauty blogger 1st world problems: so many product, only one face!). I have been trying sheets masks out like crazy, though, and I really see the appeal. I will say that the Balea Aqua Mask is a good one and worth the 1€ it will set you back - if nothing else, you get to try the concept, which is a bit gimmicky, but very appealing to me personally. For an in-depth review, you'll have to wait until the following Sunday when I'll be doing a special post about sheet masks in general. 


Moving on to make-up, I've been trying out the combination of L'Oreal Infallible foundation and primer. I must say that I'm very impressed with the results - this really is the most mattifying foundation I've ever come across. Alas, the combo is a bit heavy for the boiling hot days so I'm taking a break from wearing foundation in general. The Essence Beach Glow Fluid from The Beach house collection is to die for. Read more about it *here*. I'm unsure about the Artdeco Strobing fluid - it doesn't really seem to have much effect on my skin, so I'll continue to use it with a bit of a heavier hand. The new Artdeco Contouring powders however are a must, if you're into layering. They are well pigmented, soft as butter and very reasonably priced for the amount of product you'll be getting. Last, I'm happy to announce that the Essence Lights of Orient bronzer is now probably my favorite bronzer of all times - it makes my skin look like a million bucks! Not orange at all, it gives a very slight shimmer to the skin, making it look fresh and dewy. 



You can find the info about the Essence Summer Fun cooling eyeshadow and cream-to-powder highlighter and Essence blush from The Beach house collection *here* and my opinion about the Artdeco Long Lashes mascara *here* - it's a Friday favorite, by the way, so I'd definitely recommend you get your hands onto one for yourself. Unfortunately, the color of this Avon Ultra Color Lip Crayon doesn't agree with my skin shade right now, but the formula is very soft and reasonably pigmented, so thumbs up for that. 

That's it for the new things I've been trying out in July. Keep your eyes open for the New Bits and Bobs from July, coming on the first Monday in August. 

Until then, stay beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment