Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

FRIDAY SUPERSTAR: Pfeilring crystal nail file

My nails have never been great. I suspect I'm missing a vital nutrient that would make them stronger, but so far, I've had little luck with supplements. Some make my hair grow like crazy but my nails stay more or less the same all the time. So I decided that it was time to try something else.

Lovely Tara from The beauty of nail polish suggested I go ahead and try a glass or crystal nail file. I actually ordered one from Czech republic but we had some shipping problems so unfortunately, I never got it. So I simply walked into a Muller store and bought one. I thought that it probably won't do much good anyway.

I am typing this with the longest and hardest nails I've ever had in my entire life. I don't know whether I have my Pfeilring file to thank for that, or perhaps some change in hormones, but I honestly think that this file is great. I make sure to never cut my nails, but simply file them down if necessary and then close the ridge by filing in one direction only. It makes a bit of a mess and it's not as quick as only cutting them with normal nail scissors, but I think it's totally worth it.

The file comes in a little pouch which is great since I always bring this nail file wherever I go - if I get a split nail, I can make a quick fix on the go. It's also easy to clean with a bit of rubbing alcohol every once in a while.

If you have trouble with nail layering or very brittle nails, I would definitely recommend you include a file into your routine!

Until next time, stay beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment