Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Look Fantastic Beauty Box – August 2015

After some months, I finally used up most of the products from my previous Look Fantastic boxes and decided it was time to see what they have up their sleeve this time. 
 

Look Fantastic Beauty Box is a subscription service box (in which case you save a bit of money), but it can also be bought individually for 20,85 €. Generally, one or two out of 5 products in the box already bring the worth to the 21 € mark, but that doesn't really mean anything if you don't like the products, now does it? This is what I found inside the August box. 


I must say that I really like the pick, since I haven't used any of these brands except for Rimmel before. I think that this is a real advantage of subscription boxes as well – being able to use samples or deluxe samples (and sometimes even full size products) of brands I would otherwise probably never reach for or even think about, really.  


I admit that I've already tried both of these products. The left one is Alterna Caviar CC cream – 10 in 1 complete correction leave-in hair conditioner (full size available here for 34,68 €) and the right one is the Beauty Works 10 in 1 Miracle spray (full size available here for 16,66 €), which is also a leave-in conditioner. One thing I have definitely noticed after using either one of these products is that my hair is a bit heavier and shiny – I feel like I've just come out of my hair salon. Personally, I'm leaning against the Alterna CC cream, since the smell is not as potent as with Beauty Works spray and I can measure out the product I need more exactly out of the squeeze tube.  


I must admit that I've never been too curious about the Eve Lom brand, particularly because I've seen the prices before and well, let's just say that they're a bit out of my range. So I am very excited  about this 30 ml sample and the included muslin cloth to see what the hype is about. 


The full size is available here for a whooping 76,45 €. 

I am really looking forward to trying out different ways of using the Bellapierre shimmer powder in Snowflake. 


This is a full size, apparently worth about 14 €, but currently not available on the Look Fantastic site. 

I have the feeling that this will be a bit of an overkill as a highlighter, but I might use it for the inside corners of my eyes when I'm doing a more dramatic look, or perhaps use it as a highlighter on my brow bone.

Last but not least, the box contained a new mascara from Rimmel. 


This is the Rimmel Scandaleyes XXtreme Mascara which I have not tried yet, but I’m intrigued by the widely spread bristles as I expect them to really give my lashes an amazing length. This product was not included in all the boxes, but each subscriber got a full size Rimmel product. Rimmel is one of my favorite brands as is, so I’m sure that I’ll be quite happy with this mascara as well. 

This mascara is also not available on the site at the moment, but you can shop their entire range here

What would you most like to try out of this box? Or have you found another subscription box that I really need to know about?

Until next time, stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment