Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Freedom Makeup London - review & swatches

A couple of weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to receive a couple of Freedom Makeup products from the online store Licila.si. In the package, I found the following three products. 


I was most excited about the bronzing trio, since I'm always on the hunt for the perfect bronzer/contour. This is the Bronzed professional Pro in Shimmer lights (you can get it here for 5,95 €). 


The packaging doesn't seem the sturdiest, but for the price, a bit of saving on that front can be expected. I am also not particularly happy about the fact that there is no mirror on the compact.  The three colors can be used mixed together in a shimmery bronzer or used separately, which is how I use them. I normally prefer the colors to be physically separated in the compact, but each of the shades is big enough for my brushes so I don't pick up the shades I don't want to. 


The swatches on hand don't do complete justice to the product, since the brush picks it up a bit better, but this is more to give you an idea about the colors and shades. I really like the pink shade of the blush and the warmth of highlighter, but the actual bronzer has very poor pigmentation. 


The next item I received is the Pro Conceal Palette in Light/Medium (get it here for 6,95 €). 

Again, the packaging is nothing special, but I like the variety of the shades in this palette a lot, since I don't own anything like this at all. 


From the entire palette, I've been using the right two shades the most so far – the beige for actual spots and imperfections and the yellow toned shade as an under-eye concealer. The consistency of these concealers is quite soft, so I would definitely suggest putting a setting powder on top if you want them to remain in place for the entire day. Still, I think that regarding the amount of product you get in one palette, this is really good value for money. 


The last surprise gift was the Pro Lipstick in 109 – Red Wine (available here for 1,95 € along with numerous other lovely shades).

This lipstick is right up my alley since I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone a bit with some bolder colors. It swatches quite lighter than it appears in the packaging, so it's not a dark red, but rather a light red with a bit of fuchsia undertone. I love this lipstick and I'll probably get some darker shades for the upcoming winter months. 

I would like to see your reviews or opinions on the Freedom products as well, so leave them below!

Until next time, stay beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Paleta korektorjev in bronzing trio izgledata zelo priročna, šminka pa je v super odtenku :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, šminka je res čudovita :) Moram pa reči, da je ta trio ogromen, ampak res OGROMEN, tako da ni ravno travel size :)

      Delete
  2. šminka je ful lepe barve :) .... jas sem dobila pro corrrect paletko, pro matify primer in blush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Njihov primer imam že na shopping listi, ampak verjetno bom vzela navadnega, ne mattifying zdaj za jesen/zimo. Pa paletka za obrvi me mika. Ah, komu lažem, mika me itak vse :P

      Delete