Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Birthday Gifts + Haul 2015



As some of you might know, I share my birthday with our lovely Slovenia, which is awesome because I get a day off each year to properly celebrate – and so do you! I almost didn’t make it through the pre-birthday party this year though – we were having dinner at Ljubljana Castle on the 24th of June and in the middle of the dinner, without any warning, cannons went off right underneath our feet! Of course, it was just a part of the official celebrations, but still – a warning to all that might attempt something similar in the years to come :)

Anyway, what’s lovely about being a beauty blogger is that you get to ask for all kinds of make-up products as presents and nobody finds that strange. So here are the gifts and some things I picked up for myself with gift cards I received. 



I won’t go much into detail since I want to write a separate review on most of these products. Starting in a clockwork order, we have two Sigma E40 tapered blending brushes. I already have one and it’s so amazing it’s always dirty, so a couple more were necessary. 


Underneath, we have the Gerard Cosmetics BB Plus Illumination Face Cream. This goes in the “YouTube made me buy it” category, and I’m not even ashamed to admit that. It’s basically an illuminator, but a tan shade, so you can mix it up into your foundation for that glowing summer face.

In the midst is the present from my best friend – a Davidoff Cool water Eau de toilette. I love this fresh summery smell, which actually reminds me of a Fa body wash we always buy for our summer house – so I completely associate it with summer and I suspect that this perfume will be gone by end of September. 


If you remember, I was obsessing over Lord&Berry liner I got in a Look Fantastic beauty box. When I saw this trio underneath on sale, I naturally couldn’t refuse, so I am now a proud owner of a Sparkle black liner, Polish eye pencil in Mirror black and a normal black liner. I am a happy bunny.


I always wanted some Invisibobble elastics since I have really thick hair which always gets tangled, but for some reason I though that each single one cost 5 € which I though was completely unreasonable. But I found these in Müller and they’re actually 3 for 5 €, so naturally I snatched them up. 


Next to the Invisibobble, there is a beautiful box which holds a Coleur Caramel concealer, which again I will not go too much into, since it deserves its own post, and so does the lip gloss above it – it’s from Gerard Cosmetics and it is the first piece of make-up which actually scared me! Keep your eyes out for future posts about this dangerous one :)


Last but not least, we have the Essence 16 hour Stay All Day concealer – the 3rd one I’ve bought and I’ll continue to repurchase them. 


So that’s it for the make-up haul and presents, I hope you enjoyed it. If you don’t yet, follow me on Instagram (@low_maintenance_beauty) and also let me know in the comments below what you’d most like to receive out of these bits and bobs above. 


Until next time, stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment